Sunday, July 1

beach house birthday...

One birthday cake.
Two gorgeous gifts.
Three cars out front.
Four fab friends.
Five wine glasses.

I turned 38 today. Celebrated the occasion last night with some dear friends. Tasty food. Fine wine. The best company. And how good is it to step out onto the deck of a beach house (glass of wine in hand) to hear the ocean rumble? I can't remember the last time I did that, but I'm convinced we're all meant to live by the sea... if only to send the babies to sleep. Josie slept for 5 hours straight, her longest stretch yet!

I don't have a huge circle of friends - the ones I keep close are the quality kind. Loyal, warm and generous folks who not only go the extra mile to make me feel special, they also enjoy spending time with the little girls. Truly awesome peeps! 

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Paula! Sounds like a perfect weekend. Nothing better than the ocean sending you to sleep xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday lovely!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time away with your friends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday lovely lady. It sounds like your day was made a happy one spending time with friends that make you feel loved and special because your birthday is such a special day. Your girls must have felt loved and content too having such a lovely sleep. I love the calmness of the ocean and it's waves crashing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. life surrounded with good people is good. happy birthday. i hope the happiness doesn't end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your shot, great depth of field and a happy birthday to you, sounds like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula. Happy birthday. I've been thinking about you and glad you have lovely friends around you. Birthday in a beach house sounds bliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a PERFECT way to spend a birthday! And I totally agree about living by the sea.

    xo
    your birthday twin,
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Paula! Continue to capture our beautiful world with your beautiful photos... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday to you, Happy Belated Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday beautiful Paula xx may the year ahead bring many new & happy blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Happy 38! Wishing you everything wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh beautiful belated birthday wishes to you, sweet Paula. I am so pleased to hear you are surrounded by your loved ones. Go gently, Gorgeous. J x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are delightful and I appreciate the time you've taken to send one my way. I'm a wee bit slow responding to questions but if you ask one, I'll do my best to reply via email (if it's visible in your profile).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...